Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sweet Anticipation

2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans[b] of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times.”
Micah 5:2

This year, more than most, I have spent significant time processing through what God's people must have been feeling and thinking in anticipation of the Savior's birth. A long awaited treasure, placed into the loving care of the parents - Mary and Joseph. In God's ultimate knowledge, He entrusted this couple with what seems to be the ultimate task - parenting God's son. Can you imagine? I put myself through enough mental turmoil as I parent my children - but to parent God's son.....wow. I wonder how they prepared and anticipated for this sweet baby's arrival?

Christmas 2011 has found me in a place of deep worship and reflection of the celebration of the arrival of the baby Christ. 2011 has been one of the most emotionally challenging years that I have faced. But in those emotional challenges, God has drawn me closer, holding me tighter than I have known Him before. It is because of God's gift of the baby Jesus, that I can KNOW and experience God's love and peace in such a deep way.

As I prepared to worship in celebration of the precious Jesus' birth this Christmas - I continued to come back to the preparations of Mary, Joseph and God's people. In a much much smaller kind of way, God is asking us to prepare for a gift that He will be entrusting to our family. He is leading us toward a precious gift, to be loved by Him through our family. What a treasure, what a blessing. Though, our baby is not a Savior, not God's son - our baby is a gift to us, entrusted specifically to us by God himself.

And it is with anticipation that we await our gift, that only God can prepare us for. It is because of baby Jesus that we are filled with overflowing love to share. We lean on God's grace and love to lead and prepare us each day of the journey.

As for this Christmas - baby already received some gifts - in preparation and anticipation! :)

We invite you to join us in praying for baby. These awesome ornaments were created custom for us by a fellow Ethiopian adoptive family. You can check out more of her creations on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EthiopiaAdoption/sold


No comments:

Post a Comment