Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Believe

You may be wondering where I have been, where the udpates have gone, why things went silent??? The truth is, the absence was driven by saddness - followed by processing. We started this journey knowing it would be long and hard, but not anticipating to feel this burden so early.

I suppose it makes sense, though. From the moment our family stepped into the adoption process, baby became a piece of our hearts - a part of our family.

So a month ago, when we received the official word that the process has become EVEN SLOWER - my heart broke a little. Saddness set in. In our government's effort to make headway on human trafficking, they have continued to increase the requirements of agencies in processing international adoptions. Ultimately creating an overall slowing of the entire process. In an effort to solve one issue, there are increased challenges in another. Our wait now sounds as though it could be longer than originally anticipated - adding an additional 3-6 months on to total wait time.

In this time that I have been "silent", God has been working on my heart. Over the weekend, God brought it all together for me. This world that we live in, is filled with brokeness. We face obstacles and challenges all around us. The road often goes a different way than we imagine or desire. In this worldly brokeness we feel pain and we get hurt.

But I believe, without a doubt, in a God who created the heavens and the earth. In a God who sent His Son, who suffered much greater than I. I finally allowed it to click - "I believe what I believe. It makes me who I am. I did not make it - it is making ME. It is the very truth of God." We are blessed beyond measure to know a God who has our family's (including baby) very best interest in mind. This is not our path to define - He will make it perfectly - and I believe that!

Onward and upward! Let the refining continue!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey. What a great message for all who carry something heavy. We go forward carrying this truth and each other's burdens.

    ReplyDelete